This recipe goes with Pecan Pie Cake #106010. This puts a nice finishing touch on the cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Unfold piecrusts, and press out fold lines.
- 2Cut several (10 to 12) leaves from each piecrust with a 3-inch leaf-shaped cutter, and mark leaf veins using tip of a knife.
- 3Reserve pastry trimmings.
- 4Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water, and brush on pastry leaves.
- 5Crumple 10 to 12 small aluminum foil pieces into 1/2-inch balls.
- 6Coat with cooking spray, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 7Drape a pastry leaf over each ball; place remaining pastry leaves on baking sheet.
- 8Bake at 425° for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden.
- 9Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- 10Gently remove foil from leaves.
- 11Pinch 12 pea-size pieces from pastry trimmings.
- 12Place between pecan halves, forming sandwiches.
- 13Cut remaining pastry into 2-inch pieces; wrap around pecan sandwiches, leaving jagged edges to resemble half-shelled pecans.
- 14Brush with egg mixture.
- 15Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- 16Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden.
- 17Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pastry Garnish
Serving Size: 1 (562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.2
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 78.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.7 g