Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My friend said this is the perfect pie-crust recipe, and she was right. Flaky and delicious. Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens.
- Stir together flour and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea size.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture and gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat, using 1 tablespoon water at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Divide in half.
- To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll into a 9 inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Transfer filling to pastry-lined pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim of pie plate.
- Roll remaining dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Cut slits to allow steam to escape. Place remaining pastry on filling; trim 1/2 inch beyond edge of plate. Fold top pastry under bottom pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Bake as directed in individual recipes.