Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
for Banana Cream Pie
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Heat almost to boiling point. Keep hot.
- Put the 5 egg yolks into the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat at medium speed, gradually pouring in the cup of sugar. Raise speed to high and beat until mixture thickens and turns a very pale ivory color.
- Beat in the flour. While still beating, gradually pour in the hot milk.
- Pour and scrape contents of bowl back into saucepan. Set over medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. It will get lumpy, but smooth back out again. When mixture comes to boil, reduce heat to low and cook 2 to 3 minutes, still stirring.
- Remove from heat and beat in vanilla extract.
Good taste, sweet when eaten as is. But not as sweet when i use as a filling for my chocolate cake. The only problem was, the cream was too runny that it oozed out when I place the 2nd layer of the cake.So i ended up cooking the cream again, adding around 1T cornstarch dissolved in little amount of water and cook till very thick