Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Boar's Head brand of meat and cheese recipe booklet.
- 1 lb sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 1 package miniature party rye rounds
- 1⁄2 lb pastrami
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- Drain sauerkraut, but do not rinse.
- Combine sauerkraut with thousand island dressing.
- Place single layer of rye bread on baking sheet.
- Place 1 tablespoon of sauerkraut mixture in center of each slice.
- Top with 2 thin slices of pastrami and 1/2 slice of Swiss cheese.
- Heat under broiler for 5 or more minutes till cheese melts.
Easy to make and very tasty. The nice thing about these are that they are a little more filling than most other apps. Thanks
This was a huge hit at my Oscar party! Thanks!
These are so good. I did half without sauerkraut for those guests that don't care for it. They were very easy to assemble. Several guests asked for the recipe and said that they liked these better than actual Reubens. These will appear on the menu of my next gathering! Thanks for the great recipe.