Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Burgers with pastrami and slices of mozzerella cheese.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs ground chuck
- 1 egg (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices pastrami
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- mustard (optional)
- ketchup (optional)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomatoes, slices
- 4 onions, slices
- 4 pickles, slices
- Mix ground chuck with egg, worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Form into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook on grill for 5-6 minutes each side, or in a skillet for 4-5 minutes.
- Toast 4 buns, and add pastrami and cheese.
- Top with condiments, and serve.
Since we used pre-made patties, we worked a mixture of egg and Worchestershire into the surface before cooking; we also used Provolone, which seemed more natural with the pastrami. The whole family agreed that the pastrami was a great addition. Stacking order was a bit of an issue (DH recommends hearty, stone-ground mustard between pastrami and patty, and cheese melted onto the patty rather than the bun) but if you don't mind a messy burger this is a tasty one! Made for PRMR.