Featuring spiced beef and mustard on rye toast with Tricolor Slaw. Oh, how wonderful and I didn't even have to go to NYC! It tastes fantasticl! Good Housekeeping is where I found this treat. The slaw needs a chilling time of at least 2 to 8 hours or overnight, which I think is best.;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs ground chuck
- 8 slices rye bread, with caraway seeds (oval slices)
- deli prepared mustard
TRICOLOR SLAW SALAD
TRICOLOR SLAW DRESSING
- 2Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- 3In cup, combine coriander, paprika, ginger, sugar, ground red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons black pepper.
- 4Shape ground beef into four 1/2-inch-thick oval burgers.
- 5On waxed paper, pat spice mixture onto both sides of burgers.
- 6Place burgers on hot grill rack; cook 8 to 9 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning burgers over once.
- 7Burgers should reach an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- 8Serve burgers on rye bread with mustard.
- 9TRICOLOR SLAW:.
- 10Add the shredded red cabbage, shredded green cabbage and shredded carrot to the dressing and, using tongs, toss to coat all the vegetables evenly.
- 11TRICOLOR SLAW DRESSING:.
- 12In a large serving bowl, stir together the vinegar, sugar, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and parsley until well blended.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pastrami Burgers With Tricolor Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (624 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 953.0
- Calories from Fat 487
- Total Fat 54.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.6 mg
- Sodium 1587.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 38.0 g