Recipe by Manami
Featuring spiced beef and mustard on rye toast with Tricolor Slaw. Oh, how wonderful and I didn't even have to go to NYC! It tastes fantasticl! Good Housekeeping is where I found this treat. The slaw needs a chilling time of at least 2 to 8 hours or overnight, which I think is best.;)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground chuck
- 8 slices rye bread, with caraway seeds (oval slices)
- deli prepared mustard
TRICOLOR SLAW SALAD
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small green cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
TRICOLOR SLAW DRESSING
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- In cup, combine coriander, paprika, ginger, sugar, ground red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons black pepper.
- Shape ground beef into four 1/2-inch-thick oval burgers.
- On waxed paper, pat spice mixture onto both sides of burgers.
- Place burgers on hot grill rack; cook 8 to 9 minutes for medium or until desired doneness, turning burgers over once.
- Burgers should reach an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Serve burgers on rye bread with mustard.
- TRICOLOR SLAW:.
- Add the shredded red cabbage, shredded green cabbage and shredded carrot to the dressing and, using tongs, toss to coat all the vegetables evenly.
- TRICOLOR SLAW DRESSING:.
- In a large serving bowl, stir together the vinegar, sugar, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and parsley until well blended.