Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
My dear friend made these yummy treats for us girls the other night. She wrote down the recipe for us and I decieded to share with you.
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces pastrami, thinly sliced, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Heat oven to 375.
- Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press into 6x4 inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Spread mustard lengthwise down center of each rectangle in 1 1/2 inch strip.
- Top each with pastrami and cheese.
- On long sides of each rectangle, make 7 cuts at an angle and about 3/4 inch apart almost to edge of filling.
- For braided appearance, fold strips of dough at an angle halfway across filling with ends of strips slightly overlapping, alternating from side to side.
- Brush tops with egg.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake 11-16 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
- Serve warm.