Recipe by I'mPat
From a feature in our local paper. I have estimated cooking time on have to cook the sandwiches in 2 batches.
Top Review by sloe cooker
Great tasting sandwich, even on white bread and without the pickle! Picked up some pastrami at the deli and found your recipe. I saute'd some onion in lieu of the pickle (didn't have any). Made 12-27-11. Thanks for posting I'mPat.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (100 grams whole-egg)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- butter (for spreading)
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 4 dill pickles (sliced)
- 16 slices pastrami
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mayonnaise and custard in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter and the other side with the maonnaise mixture.
- Divide the cheese, pickle and pastrami between 4 slices of bread, ensuring the buttered side is on the outside, and sandwich with the remaining bread, once again ensuring buttered side is on the outside.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over low heat.
- Cook the sandwiches, in batches for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cheese is melted.