Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have never made this, but I have eaten it and it is selicious. Our pastor's wife Carolynn makes it for church dinners.
- 4 cups breadcrumbs (French bread is good)
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks (drained)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- Put pineapple and crumbs in a baking dish.
- Mix beaten eggs sugar and butter together.
- Pour over bread crumbs and pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
This is so good! My Aunt Marcia makes this as a side dish for Easter and Thanksgiving. Instead of breadcrumbs she uses four cups of bread cut in 1" cubes, instead of pineapple chunks uses crushed pineapple, and bakes it at 350 degrees for one full hour.