Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a cheese based soup with ground beef, onions, pasta and black olives. I had the soup in a local restaurant, looked everywhere for the recipe and finally tried to make it on my own. Hope you like it.
- 7 1⁄2 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb ground beef (can substitute cooked ham)
- 1 cup dry macaroni noodles (can substitute cooked cubed potatoes)
- 4 cups parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- Brown hamburger in skillet, drain.
- Cook macaroni until almost done, drain.
- Set aside hamburger and macaroni.
- Scald milk in medium large pot. Remove from heat.
- While milk is scalding, melt butter in a skillet, add flour, cook until light brown. Remove from heat.
- Gradually pour scalded milk into flour mixture, whisking as you pour.
- Once you get about half the milk in the flour mixture start to pour the flour/milk mixture in to the milk left in the pot. Whisk as you pour to prevent lumps.
- Turn heat on medium low, add the remaining ingredients, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer the soup for 1 hr to thicken and finish cooking the pasta.