Denise in NH's Note:
Taste better the second day giving all the flavors a chance to blend. You can reheat at 350 for about 20 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- 2Saute onions in a little butter until golden; add ground beef, salt, pepper to taste, spices and tomato paste; cook until meat is browned.
- 3Sauce: Melt rest of butter; add flour and stir; stir in milk and bring to a boil over low heat.
- 4Cook about 2 minutes.
- 5Remove from stove; add cheese; beat eggs and gradually add to white sauce, a little at a time.
- 6Place half the macaroni in a 13x9 baking pan that has been sprayed with a vegetable cooking spray.
- 7Spread meat mixture over the macaroni; cover the meat with the remaining macaroni; pour white sauce over it.
- 8Bake in 350 oven for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pastitsio
Serving Size: 1 (2306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5202.0
- Calories from Fat 2428
- Total Fat 269.8 g
- Saturated Fat 146.5 g
- Cholesterol 1449.2 mg
- Sodium 7020.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 419.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.9 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 264.9 g