1/4 Photos of Pastissets (Powdered Sugar Cookies from Spain)
1 hr 15 mins
A delicate cookie from the Catalunya and Baleares Region of Spain. From Penelope Casa's book "Delicioso!" She recommends using lard for authenticity and best flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl, with a wooden spoon, beat together the lard and butter.
- 3Incorporate the sugar, egg yolk and lemon peel into the lard/butter mixture.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine the cinnamon and flour; work into the lard mixture with your hands to form a smooth dough.
- 5On a floured surface, roll the dough 1/4 inch thick and cut with a 3-inch scalloped cookie cutter (or other shape).
- 6Arrange cookies on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden.
- 7Allow to cool briefly on the cookie sheet as they are delicate when warm.
- 8When cool, coat with confectioner's sugar.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pastissets (Powdered Sugar Cookies from Spain)
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 0.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g