Recipe by Sheila the Great
Giada recipie for her daughters 1st birthday. I tried it and couldn't stop eating it. I was surprised how much I loved it. I didn't have marscapone so I just used a full cream cheese bar. Definitly will make it again.
- 1⁄2 lb pastina or 1⁄2 lb other small-shaped pasta, such as farfallini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1 cup of the pasta water.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 7 minutes. Add the carrots and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add the peas to the pan and cook for 2 minutes until the peas are warmed through and the carrots are tender. Stir in the cooked pasta. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheeses. Stir until the mixture is incorporated and forms a sauce. Season with salt, to taste. Transfer to a large serving bowl and garnish with chopped basil.