Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so good, great comfort food. This is something that one would make for a small child but its so good adults love it too. As it is, its great but you can also add some prosciutto, pancetta, etc (cook until browned in a pan with a little olive oil). Also try adding veggies like peas, spinach, escarole, ect. This is from Simply Tuscan by Pino Luongo. (cooking time is just a guess since I always forget to time myself)
- 1419.54 ml milk (I have been using 1%)
- 283.49 g Italian pastina
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 85.04 g grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- salt and pepper
- Bring the milk to a boil in a large, heavy saucepan. Stir often to keep it from burning on the bottom.
- Add the pastina and cook until it is al dente and the milk is thick like cream (be careful, once it starts to thicken it will do so quickly).
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the egg, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Serve at once.
Great for kids! Easy, fairly quick to make, and makes a great meal especially if you throw in a veggie or have it on the side. All 4 of my kids loved this, especially my 1-yr old.
My Mom used to make for me when I was young with pastina, milk, butter and salt. :)
This is simply the best recipe for pastina. It really brought me back. I omitted the cheese simply becuase I didn't have it - but it came out great anyway - thank you