Recipe by jakitcfw
I'm not sure on the spelling, but my Italian grandmother used to make this a lot when we were kids. Apparently it's usually considered baby food, but I still love it! (Pasta cooking time included in the time)
Top Review by Julie F-K
Delicious but make sure to wait a minute for the heat to cool before you mix the eggs in otherwise they scramble; keep stirring quickly for a few minutes to avoid that. Add salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb pasta, preferably ancine di pepe
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta (also called pastina because it's so small) as instructed on the box.
- Drain the water out.
- If using an electric stove, you can return the pot to the stove and use the residual heat for the next part.
- If you are using a gas stove, you'll need to turn the stove on to low.
- Add the other ingredients, mixing thoroughly and stirring frequently.
- Add more cheese to taste.
- Keep it on the heat for a few minutes to make sure the eggs are cooked.