Recipe by Barb in WNY
Reminds me of a soup that a small diner had on the menu near where I use to work.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Italian pastina
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the chicken broth and water in a microwave-safe 2-quart glass measuring cup.
- Add the pastina; microwave uncovered on High for 10 Minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, microwave covered for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl beat the egg and 1 Tablespoon cheese until blended.
- As soon as the broccoli has finished cooking, immediately pour the egg mixture in a slow steady stream into the hot soup.
- Microwave uncovered for 3 minutes, or until he soup is thickened.
- Stir vigorously to break up any clumps of egg.
- Sprinkle each serving with additional Parmesan cheese.