1 hr 25 mins
Meg Sweetland's Note:
I call this lazy lasagna. It's from Charleston Receipts Repeats (1988).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 ounces Contadina tomato sauce
- 28 ounces Contadina diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces Contadina tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 6 tablespoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1Begin by making the marinara sauce.
- 2Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is transparent. Put in large stock pot.
- 3Sauté mushrooms and green peppers until soft. Add to pot.
- 4Brown Italian sausage and add to pot.
- 5Add tomato products and spices to pot.
- 6Allow sauce to simmer for 30 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- 7Cook elbow noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- 8Make cream sauce by melting butter in a saucepan.
- 9Add flour and mix to form a roux.
- 10Add milk and whisk until blended.
- 11Cook on medium heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- 12Add grated Romano and stir until melted.
- 13Remove from heat and slowly add beaten eggs, stirring until blended.
- 14Combine 1/3 cream sauce with 4 oz cheddar cheese and noodles.
- 15Grease 11x14 pan and put 1/2 noodle mixture on the bottom.
- 16Spread sauce over noodles.
- 17Spread remaining noodled evenly over top.
- 18Pour remaining cream sauce over all.
- 19Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 20Bake 40 minutes at 350°F.
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasticio
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.2
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 212.1 mg
- Sodium 2594.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 49.2 g