Recipe by BLUE ROSE
When a neighbor of mine heard about the world tour I did they thought they would share with me some of their recipes. Nothing like good greek food! I hope I got the cooking time right..
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground meat
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cool macaroni, but not until completely done as it will be cooked in oven also drain well.
- Brown onion in butter until golden. Add ground meat and brown until redness is gone.
- Add seasonings, tomato sauce and water and continue cooking slowly until water is absorbed.
- Add beaten eggs, meat sauce and cheese to drained macaroni and mix thoroughly.
- Spread in greased, 10 x 15 inch deep baking pan.
- In a sauce pan, add all cream sauce ingredients and cook slowly.
- Mixing continuously until starts bubbling.
- Remove and spread on top of macaroni in pan.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over and bake for about 1 hour or until golden.
- You my sprinkle more parmesan cheese over also.