Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's lasagna with a Greek twist
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1 lb chop meat
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1 lb tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 quart milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick
- onion powder, to taste
- Boil ziti according to directions on the box.
- Meat Sauce.
- Saute chop meat with onion powder breifly.
- Drain all the fat.
- Add 1/2 stick (2 oz.) of butter and continue to saute.
- Add salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon stick.
- Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Remove cinammon stick.
- Mix in with tomato sauce.
- White Sauce.
- Melt 1 1/2 sticks (6 oz.) of butter with 1 teaspoons salt.
- Add the flour.
- Add the eggs and milk.
- Slowly whisk until thickened.
- Place 1/2 the ziti on teh bottom of a 9x11 pan.
- Add 1 tablespoons grated cheese on top of ziti.
- Put the all meat sauce on top of the ziti.
- Place remaining ziti on top of the meat sauce.
- Add 1 tablespoons grated cheese again.
- Then pour the white sauce on top, as last layer- cover all the pasta.
- Cover with alumminum foil.
A very good version of the Greek classic! I had to adjust for portion size, but otherwise, it turned out great. Thanks for posting!