Recipe by amanda howley
I like the taste of this nice recipe I found at home. The book is called "Margaret Fulton Cookbook".
- 1 lb lasagna noodle
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 lb minced steak (, or normal mince)
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese
- 2 ounces butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint milk
- 3 tablespoons cream (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagne noodles in boiling,salted water until tender.
- Melt butter in pan and cook finely chopped onions and minced steak for 2-3mins, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato and salt&pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook over low heat until meat is tender.
- Cover pan if mixture is too dry.
- Blend with 1/2 cup grated cheese.
- Place half the lasagne in a greased casserole and cover with meat mixture, then remaining lasagne.
- Blend cream sauce with beaten egg and 1/4 cup grated cheese.
- Season and pour over the lasagne.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 40-50mins or until top is nicely browned.
- Serve hot.
- CREAM SAUCE:- Melt butter, blend in flour and cook gently for 2mins.
- Add milk gradually, stirring over a low heat until boiling.
- Add cream (optional) and season to taste with salt&pepper.