Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on a Swiss website for ZWT7. :) This recipe can easily made either meatless or with meat by replacing part of the mushrooms with small pieces of veal.
- 1 lb puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3⁄4 lbs small mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Bake 6 large pies made out of the puff-pastry for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat margarine or butter in a pot.
- Add shallot and clove of garlic, saute briefly.
- Add white wine and mushrooms, mix, cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat, cook in open pot until half of the fluid has gone.
- Add half and half and cream.
- Add curry, worcestershire sauce, paprika, nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- Distribute the filling into the heated pies, serve immediately.
Giving this 5 stars because the flavor is delicious, and the contrast between the puff pastry and the mushrooms is great. I felt as if I were in a restaurant. However, there were a couple problems with it. The sauce was too thin (I used Wondra to thicken it). In addition, there weren't amounts specified for the spices. Since I made only half a recipe, I used the following: 1/2 t. curry powder, 1/4 t. paprika and 1/8 t. nutmeg. I baked the crust at 375 convection for 20 minutes. (That would translate to 400 degrees for a regular oven, 15 - 20 minutes, I believe.) We ate the entire half-batch for dinner. I will definitely be making this again, probably with the other sheet of puff pastry in the freezer. ZWT7