Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this from the TLC channel and is an Argentinean recipe. This recipe is baked in ramekins, which are individually sized baking dishes. Any other small ovenproof ceramic or glass dishes may be used instead, creating a welcome change from plain vegetables with your meals.
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1.Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 6 (6-ounce) ramekins or small ovenproof dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2.To reconstitute sun-dried tomatoes, place in small bowl and cover with hot water. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain and finely chop.
- 3.Beat eggs and egg whites in medium bowl with wire whisk until frothy. Fold in tomatoes, corn, milk, salt, mustard and hot pepper sauce until well blended. Fill ramekins three-fourths full with mixture.
- 4.Place ramekins in large roasting pan; pour hot water around ramekins to depth of about 1/2 inch. Bake 35 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Invert ramekins onto serving plate to release timbales. Serve immediately.