Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These cupcakes are absolutely delicious. Choose your favorite flavor of jello and transform a simple white cake mix into an uber fruity treat. The homemade butter cream adds a fruit with cream note to the top loved by kids and adults alike
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil or butter, -per mix instructions
- 1 (6 ounce) package Jello gelatin (any flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 (for dark pan) Prepare cake mix per the box recipe and instructions adding 4 tablespoons dry jello powder before beating. You can divide batter and use 2 different kinds of jello; decrease amount to 2 tablespoons to each half. Bake as directed @ 24 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pans and finish cooling on racks.
- Cream butter and water and add sugar gradually 1 cup at a time, blending scraping the bowl after each addition. Add the remaining jello powder to the second cup of sugar when blending. Beat until smooth. Spread and top cupcakes as desired. Makes 24-30 cupcakes. The amazing colors can be used for whatever occasion or holiday you wish.