1/1 Photo of Pastel Tres Leches
A traditional mexican dessert. Very tasty and not too sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Grease and flour 9-inch spring form pan.
- 3Beat egg whites and 1/4 cup sugar in large mixer bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 4Combine egg yolks and remaining sugar in medium bowl; beat until light yellow in color.
- 5Fold egg white mixture and flour alternately into egg yolk mixture.
- 6Pour into prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until just golden and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Mix sweetened condensed milk, cream, evaporated milk, brandy and vanilla extract in medium bowl; stir well.
- 9Prick top of cake thoroughly with wooden pick.
- 10Pour 2 cups cream over cake. Spoon excess cream from side of pan over top of cake.
- 11Let stand for 30 minutes or until cake absorbs cream. Remove side of pan.
- 12Beat cream, sugar and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 13Spread over top and sides of cake. Serve immediately with remaining cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pastel Tres Leches
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.2
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 174.5 mg
- Sodium 103.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 8.6 g