Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ver tradicional Mexican cake, this is a great recipe enjoy it
Make and share this Pastel tres leches recipe from Food.com.
For the cake
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup warm milk
- 10 egg whites
- 10 egg yolks
For the crem Tres leches
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can half cream (nestle makes the best)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla-flavored syrup
- 1⁄4 cup brandy (you can use cognac)
- preheat the oven at 300°C.
- Shake the yellows, with the sugar until they double the size.
- Add the flour, with the baking soda.
- Add the warm milk.
- Shake the whites until they get big, in spanish we say stir until they get like turron, the turron is a very very hard candy, so you need to shake them until they get like very very fluffy, if you use a machine let it go for a long long time.
- Add the whites to the other stuff, and mix it well.
- Put that in a mold, and put in the oven for 25 minutes.
- let it go cold.
- In the blender put the"tres leches ingredients", and blend them until they mix really good.
- Then put this mix over your cake, but let the cake absorb the mix, so I recomend to put this mix inside the mold with the cake, so it will really abosorb, let it like that for 1 hour and then take it out, add some whipe cream, and some cherrys to make it look wonderfull, AND ENJOY!
- I love to eat it with some coffee.
This is a good, rich, moist cake. The instructions had to be modified though. If you plan on making this read this first. I tried it just like it is written but when I mixed the flour with the yolks it turned into a sticky, hard dough so stiff I couldn't get it to mix with the egg whites. I threw it out and started over, the second time I beat the fluffed egg whites with the sugar (1/2 c) until stiff peaks formed, added the yolks 1 at a time while beating, then the milk, mixed the flour and soda together and very slowly mixed into the eggs. Baked in a 9 x 13 greased and floured pan for 10 minutes longer than writen until a knife inserted came out clean. The only difference in ingredients was the 1/2 c sugar in the cake instead of 1/4 c. I also poked holes in the cake to help absorb the milks. It came out very well, my friends liked it too. A very authentic Mexican recipe.
I have been looking for this recipe! I go to a Spanish church, and everyone tells me that the ingredients for this cake are top secret. Thank you for posting it. I'll post a rating as soon as I get a chance to try baking it. Estoy aprendido el Español. Ahora, no puedo escribir o hablar bien. Por favor, escribeme a email@example.com