1/2 Photos of Pastel De Tres Leches
Little Suzy Homemaker's Note:
From Fonda San Miguel in Austin TX. Garnish with fresh strawberries, peaches or other fresh fruit sliced. This is by far the best Tres Leches Cake I have ever made at home!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray the bottom and sides of a 9 inch diameter pan with 3 inch sides with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 4Combine eggs and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on high speed until doubled in volume, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low; add the water and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Mix well.
- 5On very low speed or by hand using a long spatula, gently fold dry ingredients into the batter.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the cake is firm on top and has pulled away from the sides of the pan.
- 7Remove from oven and place pan on a rack to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 8Turn the cake out on a serving platter, place a cake polate over the cake and turn it right side up. Set aside to continue cooling.
- 9While cake is cooling, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, the evaporated milk, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 1 cup cream and set aside. Using a serrated knife, gently slice off the top skin of the cake and discard. Prick the cake all over with a long toothpick (To allow the cake to soak up the liquid.).
- 10Pour milk mixture over the cake in several batches, allowing it to soak in as much as possible each time. Refrigerate.
- 11When ready to serve, pour the remaining 2 cups cream into a chilled bowl and beat with chilled beaters until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread the whipped cream on the top and sides of the cake.
- 12Garnish with fresh fruit slices.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pastel De Tres Leches
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.9
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 311.1 mg
- Sodium 389.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 52.6 g
- Protein 16.0 g