1/1 Photo of Pastel De Papa (Potatoe and Ground Beef Pie)
1 hr 5 mins
This is a delicious dish we make in Argentina. It's almost more like a casserole than a pie. Instead of potatoes you can also use mashed cauliflower, carrots or sweet potatoes as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes until soft enough to mash. Drain then let cool down.
- 2Chop the onions into long thin slices and cook the onion together with the ground beef in a heated pan with (olive or canola) oil.
- 3Once the beef is fully cooked but not too dry (let there be some juice) you can add the grated carrots, olives, and chopped boiled eggs. Then add spices and mix together well.
- 4Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 5After the potatoes are cool enough, with a potatoe masher, mash them completely to take out as many chunks as possible. Add the butter, milk and salt if desired to taste.
- 6In an oven safe dish, place a first half inch layer of mashed potatoes on the bottom of the dish. Then apply all of the beef mixture on top of the first mashed potatoe layer. Then apply the second and final layer of mashed potatoes on top of the beef. Top with small pieces of butter, parsley and grated cheese (if desired). Let the potatoe brown and heat in the oven for twenty minutes. Let cool and serve warm!
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pastel De Papa (Potatoe and Ground Beef Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.3
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 148.5 mg
- Sodium 165.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 24.5 g