Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is posted by request. I found this recipe in the local paper. The article discussed fusing different cultures during Passover. Times are guesstimates and do not include cool time.
- 8 eggs, separated
- 2 cups matzo meal, plus
- 3 tablespoons matzo meal
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup orange juice (or juice of 2 oranges)
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 tablespoons ground walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 10 or 11-inch springform pan.
- Beat egg whites until stiff with formed peaks, taking care to not overbeat.
- In separate bowl, combine 2 C matzo meal, sugar, oil, walnuts, egg yolks, orange juice and zest of 1 orange.
- Mix well.
- Carefully fold in egg whites, taking care to not overmix.
- Pour batter into springform pan.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 3 Tbsp matzo meal and ground nuts.
- Sprinkle mixture over batter.
- Bake 1 hour or until cake is golden and tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Boil marmalade over low heat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix in remaining 1 Tbsp zest.
- Set aside.
- Spread mixture on top of cooled cake.