Recipe by MsPia
I got this recipe from a box of Bouillon cubes from Argentina. My daughter and I loved it. We ate it as a side dish for milanesas. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I've made a number of recipes for corn pudding, but not one quite like this! I did use the vegetable bouillon cube, & following your recipe right on down, we were rewarded with a wonderful tasting corn pudding! Definitely worth making again, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 56.69 g butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 473.18 ml milk
- 1 bouillon cube (chicken or veggie)
- 418.15 g can creamed corn (personal favorite, Green Giant)
- 4 eggs
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml breadcrumbs
- 1.23 ml pepper (or to taste)
- 1.23 ml nutmeg (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Saute onions in butter over low heat for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile warm up the milk and dissolve the bouillon cube in it.
- Add the flour to the onions and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour milk over it and keep stirring until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and add creamed corn, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs. Mix well and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at the time, mixing well.
- Season with pepper and nutmeg and pour into a baking dish (9x9).
- Bake for 40 minutes or until firm.