My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ears corn, grate the kernels
- 8 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2-1 cup milk
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 1 -3 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb finely ground lean beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 cup raisins
- 12 pieces chicken
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1Heat the grated corn, chopped basil, salt and butter in a large pot.
- 2Add the milk little by little, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- 3Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Set aside while preparing the meat filling.
- 5Fry the onions in oil until transparent, add garlic cloves and the ground meat and stir to brown.
- 6Season with salt, pepper and ground cumin.
- 7Using an oven-proof serving dish.
- 8Spread over the bottom of the dish the onion-ground meat mixture.
- 9Arrange the hard boiled egg slices, olives and raisins over the meat mixture.
- 10Bone the chicken and put pieces on top.
- 11Cover the filling with the corn mixture.
- 12Sprinkle the confectioners' sugar over the top.
- 13Bake in a hot oven 400 Degreees F for 30-35 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- 14Serve at once with extra sugar.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pastel De Choclo
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.0
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 374.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 13.2 g