Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from my good friend Chilemom. I don't know how authentic it is, but it is delicious! I serve it over rice. A nice green salad on the side, and dinner is done!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green olives
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2 (16 ounce) cans creamed corn
- Saute ground beef in skillet until cooked.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Add pepper, onion, and garlic to the skillet, saute until onion is translucent in the beef drippings.
- You may have to add a tbs.
- or so of olive oil, if the beef was very lean.
- Add cooked veggies to ground beef; add olives and raisins, stir together.
- Place in 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Pour both cans of creamed corn over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbling (30 min. or so).
This is a great recipe for several reasons. It has a taste to it that I haven't had in anything else. Second, it is really cheap to make (around $20 for twice the servings) and really easy to make. May be strange ingredient-wise, but it comes out to be a great meal.
This was very Easy and yummy! I did use black olives,chicken and added cummin.The canned corn made it very easy.Also Powdered sugar!!
I enjoy trying new and unusual recipes so I tried this one. Not to detract from the other reviewers who liked it but we were not that fond of it. Itwasn't bad but we didn't think it was good enough to have again even. thought you should know