Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great for Easter or spring.
Make and share this Pastel Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350F°.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Divide the batter into 2 bowls; add lime gelatin to one bowl, the lemon to the other one.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Pour each bowl into separate wax paper-lined, greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans and finish cooling on wire racks.
- When cool, place lime cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread with 1/2 of a tub of Cool Whip.
- Top with lemon layer, and frost cake with remaining whip topping.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.