Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Great for Easter or spring.
Top Review by CoffeeB
This is delcious and one that gets requested often. A great summer time dessert that's refreshingly light. Different colors of jello would work perfectly for any occasion. Red and blue for 4th of July, red and green for Christmas, etc. etc. :-)
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350F°.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Divide the batter into 2 bowls; add lime gelatin to one bowl, the lemon to the other one.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Pour each bowl into separate wax paper-lined, greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans and finish cooling on wire racks.
- When cool, place lime cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread with 1/2 of a tub of Cool Whip.
- Top with lemon layer, and frost cake with remaining whip topping.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.