Recipe by SilentCricket
Antillean meat turnover pastry...I posted the recipe for the filling separately. These are a real taste treat for my family and reminds us of our time living on the southern Caribbean island of Bonaire. There is time and effort involved, but the results are worth it! Prep time includes resting time for pastry.
- 2129.31 ml white flour
- 88.74 ml white sugar
- 14.79 ml salt
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 177.44 ml butter
- 2 eggs
- 14.78 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml milk (more if needed)
- hot oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients with butter.
- Slowly add liquid.
- Knead to a smooth ball and let stand 20 minutes.
- Roll out thinly on lightly floured board.
- Cut into rounds using biscuit cutter or glass.
- Place 1 generous tsp of Pastechi filling (recipe posted separately) onto rounds.
- Fold rounds in half; seal and crimp edges.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm and with ketchup, if desired.
- ***recipemay be halved.