Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A one dish meal that is bound to satisfy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup potato, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 (48 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 1⁄2 lb small macaroni noodles
- In a large pot, fry ground beef, onions, and potatoes. Season with garlic, salt and pepper.
- When meat is browned, add tomato juice, then season with basil, parsley, oregano, salt and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil. Add macaroni noodles.
- Boil until noodles are soft. Add beans. Remove from heat and cover.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
I have lots of tomato sauce in my freezer and was looking for ways to use it up! This one pot meal sounded interesting. It's actually like my Mom's goulash, minus the beans and potatoes. I did have to add more salt, all those starches sucked it right up! It is easy to make, tasty and very very filling. My DH loved this and thanks you.