Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love pasta, and the sauce for this dish is so easy I can make it myself! It makes a lot, so we get leftovers for days. I have helped make the sauce ahead of time to bring to family gatherings, and my mom just had to make the pasta when we got there.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped coarse
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lb pasta
- In a large bowl, combine well the tomatoes, garlic, basil, mozzarella, oil, vinegar and salt/pepper to taste.
- Let the sauce stand covered at room termperature for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, cook pasta, drain well and add it to the sacue.
- Toss well and serve.
Sounds wonderful! I plan to make this today. I will use angel hair pasta and add shrimp for our meal. We have lots of fresh tomatoes from our garden now and recipes like this are a great way to use them.
Tasty! I made it with my 5-year-old; it's a great recipe for kids. I added kosher salt and some seasoned chicken breast and tossed it with spaghettini. Thanks for the recipe.