Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light and different past sauce. Quick, easy and well received by all.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 2-inch thin strips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese or 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb pasta, curly type is best
- Sauté garlic in oil until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and sauté until tender crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Add nuts, cheese, pepper flakes and tomato.
- Stir and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot pasta.
We had this for dinner tonight and I enjoyed it very much. I made it for two using spaghetti rigate, one large zucchini, one small vine-ripened tomato and halving everything else except the chilli flakes. There wasn't enough sauce to coat the pasta, so I added extra ricotta. Next time I'll add an extra tomato along with some of the pasta water, as my SO found the sauce to be too dry. I didn't mind this as the flavour was good and fresh. I also added salt & cracked pepper and topped the finished meal with a good freshly grated parmesan, which added considerably to the flavour. Lemon juice might also be a nice addition. Will make again.