Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy vegetarian pasta dish. Great way to use up a plentiful supply of zucchini.
- 300 g penne pasta
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 ml cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded basil
- Add pasta to a large pan of boiling water and cook until just tender.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, cut zucchini in half lengthwise, cut diagonally into 5mm slices.
- Heat butter in pan, add onion and garlic, cook, stirring, until oniion is soft.
- Add zucchini cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in cream and milk, simmer, uncovered, 1 minute.
- Add pasta, cheese and basil to zucchini mixture, stir until combined.
This was good, easy to make and nice flavour. Maybe need abit more garlic, onion and salt. It is tasty but a little plain needs something extra maybe some capsicum, peas, tomato or mushrooms some other vegetables. Thankyou for posting.