Recipe by Sueie
Quick and easy vegetarian pasta dish. Great way to use up a plentiful supply of zucchini.
Top Review by zainab23
This was good, easy to make and nice flavour. Maybe need abit more garlic, onion and salt. It is tasty but a little plain needs something extra maybe some capsicum, peas, tomato or mushrooms some other vegetables. Thankyou for posting.
- 300 g penne pasta
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 ml cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Add pasta to a large pan of boiling water and cook until just tender.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, cut zucchini in half lengthwise, cut diagonally into 5mm slices.
- Heat butter in pan, add onion and garlic, cook, stirring, until oniion is soft.
- Add zucchini cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in cream and milk, simmer, uncovered, 1 minute.
- Add pasta, cheese and basil to zucchini mixture, stir until combined.