A friend of mine got this from a magazine and shared it with me to keep me from drooling over her lunch. (We didn't have leftovers for me to take to lunch, though!) If you make the pesto the night before, this is ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta. It's dinner QUICK!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted almonds
- 1 1/2 cups flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for sauteeing the zucchini
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 -4 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/8 inch thick
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook and drain pasta of your choice.
- 2Meanwhile, in a food processor, finely chop garlic.
- 3Add the almonds and pulse until they are coarsely chopped.
- 4Add the parsley and 1/2 cup of the olive oil and process until the parsley is finely chopped.
- 5Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and pulse just until the pesto is combined. Season with salt and pepper and scrape the pesto into a largeserving bowl.
- 6In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add the zucchini and cook over moderately high heat until tender and browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper and season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini to the bowl with the pesto. Mix in the farfalle, toss well.
- 7Serve with extra parm on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Zucchini and Parsley Almond Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.1
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 144.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g