Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Franny's Cookbook
Make and share this Pasta With Zucchini and Mint recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs zucchini, sliced into 2x1/4 inch batons
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping pasta
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to boiling.
- In a large skillet warm 2 tablespoons of oil over high heat. Add half the zucchini, season with salt, and cook, without moving it, until dark golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the zucchini to a paper towel lined plate. Add another 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and repeat with the remaining zucchini. Add 2 Tablespoons of water to the pan and remove from heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until 2 minutes shy of al dente; drain.
- In the same skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Toss in the penne and zucchini, and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 2 or 3minutes, adding more water if the sauce is dry. Toss in 1/4 cup of the parmesan and the remaining tablespoon of butter, add the mint and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta among four bowls and finish each with a drizzle of oil and a it of cheese.