1/1 Photo of Pasta With Zucchini and Goat Cheese
Knowing that one can never have too many zucchini recipes, I wrote this down on a piece of scrap paper in the waiting room at a doctor's office. It's super tasty and simple, perfect for a weeknight. The goat cheese makes a creamy sauce for the linguine, and complements the flavor of the sauteed squash nicely. In addition to the lemon zest, I recommend adding some thinly sliced fresh basil when serving. From Real Simple (June 08).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to package instructions; reserve 1 C cooking water, drain and return to pot.
- 2Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until zucchini is tender and liquid is evaporated (about 5 min.).
- 3Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- 4Add all but 2 T of the goat cheese to the pasta. Add reserved pasta water, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Stir until creamy.
- 5Serve pasta topped with zucchini, lemon zest, and remaining goat cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Zucchini and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.9
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 198.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 20.2 g