Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Watercress has a zing and with cilantro added you get a great crisp taste. If you are leery cut back on the amount of cress & cilantro you use. Spinach pasta eat your heart out!
- 1 1⁄2 cups watercress leaves, tightly packed
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups unbleached flour (may need a bit more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -5 tablespoons water
- Wash& dry the watercress& cilantro thoroughly& chop in food processor (steel Blade) or by hand until it is almost pureed Combine egg whites, watercress& cilantro.
- In your mixer with bread hook, put in 1 cup flour and the egg mixture process, if sticky add more four until it comes into a ball (keep adding flour until you have the right consistency) If it is too dry add a drop or two of water.
- Knead for 5-10 minutes until stiff.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes before rolling it out (or refrigerate for up to 2 days) Use your pasta machine from here on as you normally would when making your pasta Cook as you would normal pasta.