1/1 Photo of Pasta With Vodka Cream Sauce (Light)
From Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add vodka; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about half. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, broth, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
- 3Place tomato mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Process until smooth.
- 4Return tomato mixture to pan; stir in cream. Cook 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in cooked pasta, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and basil. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Vodka Cream Sauce (Light)
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.0
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth