Recipe by Sonya01
for beverage tag.
Top Review by weekend cooker
I am basing this review on my wife and my portions, because I did not use the vodka in my kids recipe. I made the recipe exacttly as posted for us, but added a little more ham. The flavor and taste were FABULOUS.A real nice simple recipe that definately will be repeated again. Thans for this recipe . 5+++ stars !!! Made for Aus/Nz recipe swap#25.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 (400 g) cans crushed tomatoes
- 125 ml vodka
- 400 g spaghetti
- 250 ml cream
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over low heat. Add onion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chilli, tomatoes and vodka and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until reduced and pulpy.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Add cream, ham and peas to the sauce and stir to combine, then season well. Drain pasta then toss in the sauce. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.