Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this last minute with what I had on hand in the fridge. It was really good.
- 453.59 g rigatoni pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced 1 inch on a diagonal
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed, stems removed and sliced in thirds on a diagonal
- 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g packageof sweet Italian pork sausage or 453.59 g package chicken sausage, cut 1 inch on a diagonal
- 118.29 ml reserved pasta water
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boil for pasta. Cook according to package al dente reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- In the meantime, heat a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbs. olive oil, and onion and red bell pepper. Saute for 2 minutes, transfer to plate.
- In same skillet add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil and carrots cook for 5 minutes, add asparagus cook for another 3 minutes. Transfer to plate with onions and peppers.
- In same skillet add sausage, cook stirring occasionally until brown. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Add chicken bouillon cube, diced tomatoes and butter. Cover and cook for 1/2 hour.
- Add veggies and pasta and reserved pasta water to sausage and tomato. Mix well to combine. Top with grated parmesan cheese.