Recipe by DKNJ1999
This recipe is quick and easy to make. You can change the taste by using Portabella mushrooms instead of regular mushrooms. The Portabella gives it a stronger flavor. If you can't find yellow squash you can also use more zucchini. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb pasta (I use rotini)
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced thin
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- (About ten minutes) Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Increase the heat for the skillet to medium-high.
- Add the zucchini, squash, mushrooms and the tomato.
- Cook until barely tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the half and half, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the pepper and the salt.
- Just before it comes to a boil remove the pan from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and place in large serving bowl.
- Spoon the vegetable sauce over the pasta.
- Toss together.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top.