Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is quick and easy to make. You can change the taste by using Portabella mushrooms instead of regular mushrooms. The Portabella gives it a stronger flavor. If you can't find yellow squash you can also use more zucchini. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb pasta (I use rotini)
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced thin
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- (About ten minutes) Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Increase the heat for the skillet to medium-high.
- Add the zucchini, squash, mushrooms and the tomato.
- Cook until barely tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the half and half, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the pepper and the salt.
- Just before it comes to a boil remove the pan from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and place in large serving bowl.
- Spoon the vegetable sauce over the pasta.
- Toss together.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top.