Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tis is a one dish meal that is light but still hearty, we love it. I also have a good recipe for vegetable stock. Inactive cook time is cooking the pasta. To use dried parsley or any other dried herb in place of a fresh one use 1 teaspoon in place of a Tablespoon. If you want to use other kinds of pasta preferably use short and fat.
- 1⁄2 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup peas, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- Cook the pasta, cool it in cold water then drain it.
- Cut the carrot and julienne the zucchini.
- Heat the oil in a 10-12 inch nonstick saute pan over low hear. Saute the onion, garlic, and carrots in the oil. Cover between stirrings so the steam softens the caroots until the carrots are tender (5 minutes).
- Add the stock and zucchini. Continue to cook, covered until the zucchini is tender but not mushy.
- Stir in the pasta, peas, herbs, salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium. Stir until everything is hot.
- Stir in the feta. Serve as soon as the outside edges begin to melt.