Recipe by yewoinfamilycooking
This is my favorite pasta dish. I use the vegetable sauce with rice and for garnishing baked fish.
- 1 lb pasta (spaghettis)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots (peeled)
- 1 eggplant
- 1 red pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes or 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper (crushed)
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean, rinse and chop the vegetables.
- Coat the chopped eggplants with half tablespoon oil and black pepper; bake them uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Sauté the onion with oil; add all ingredients except the eggplant and crushed hot pepper; cook the vegetables for 10 minutes;.
- Add the eggplant, crushed hot pepper; cook for five minutes and remove from heat.
- Boil the spaghettis for 6-7 minutes and strain; serve it hot with the vegetable sauce.