Recipe by katia
Easy summer sauce for pasta
Top Review by French Tart
This was a tasty and very easy pasta sauce to make - excellent idea when time is at a premium! We enjoyed it this lunch time with penne pasta and some home-made garlic bread, with a side salad. We both felt that 3 tablespoons of olive oil, much though we LOVE olive oil, to be an enormous amount, and I would cut this back next time I make this. The pine nuts were a great touch - but I might toast them next time, however the sauce was a classic tomato and basil combination! Made for the Aussie Swap #13 - and very much enjoyed - thanks Katia! FT:-)
- 500 g pasta
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1 cup emendal cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the pasta in salted water until done. Drain.
- Put in a blender the olive oil, the garlic, the basil leaves and the pine nuts, mash them and then add the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- The sauce is now ready to sever over the pasta. Add the cheese on top.