Recipe by sidMILB
Recipe from Food Network's Kathleen Daelemans. I searched for a recipe with anchovies as an ingredient.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This made for a simple, tasty dinner that sort of reminded me of puttanesca sauce. I used linguine fini for the pasta and a 28-oz. can of diced San Marzano tomatoes. I also used both basil and parsley. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
- 1 lb pasta noodles
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed roughly chopped
- 2 anchovies, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or 28 ounces whole canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley or 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, loosely packed, roughly chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can albacore tuna, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta.
- Meanwhile place olive oil and garlic in large saute pan and turn heat to medium.
- Cook until garlic is fragrant and lightly golden.
- Add capers, anchovies, olives and tomatoes.
- Cook until tomatoes start to break down and become a sauce, about 8 minutes.
- Toss with cooked pasta.
- Add parsley/basil and tuna.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.